Sunday, January 31, 2010

TOYOTA. Moving forward. At 120 MPH. With no chance of stopping. HELP!

Funny how Consumer Reports, the "expert" in the field of consumer advocacy, completely missed this problem in all of its "exhaustive" tests.

Forget about Toyota. How about looking at how many Americans were endangered when CR's so-called "experts" recommended these cars and we lemmings who believe in Consumer Reports did what they had "recommended"? One wonders if any of the dead or injured had taken CR's advice. What will CR do to improve its car tests? Why should we trust YOU anymore? Am I alone?

Toyota. Moving forward. At 120 MPH. With no chance of stopping. Recommended by Consumer Reports. HELP!

3 comments:

  1. At least Consumer Reports knows what will happen if I crash my Toyota head on into a brick wall at 50MPH! But, yeah, it would have been much more helpful if they'd found out about the REAL defect here, you know, the one MORE LIKELY TO ACTUALLY KILL ME!! I don't think I will ever crash my Toyota head on into a brick wall at 5oMPH, and if I do I have a pretty good idea of what will happen, but I very well might be sitting in LA rush hour traffic on the 405 when my gas pedal suddenly sticks to the floor! Now THAT is something I'd like to have known about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably why I drive a Ford.

    Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOYOTA is TOYOTA. Prius owners got what they deserved for being early adopters of new technology. Consumer Reports should be ashamed for recommending products to consumers without doing continuously random tests and the greed of corporate America to take advantage of people. A brand name's reputation has been tarnished but nevertheless, I can't see myself buying an American made car, since they also have many, many problems just as Ford did not long ago with their tires and other accidents caused by mechanical problems. I say, do your research, before buying and go with your instincts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete